If You're a Bride-to-be, PLEASE TAKE NOTE

On my pre-wedding photoshoot

Eve, I hope you get to read this, it's for you ;)

I had had one of the most tiring day ever yesterday. If you're getting married and you're about to go for your photoshoot...please take note of certain things:

1) you MUST do your pedicure and manicure one day before your shoot, no matter how much you dislike it. (Please apply one day or half day leave to allocate enough time for this session. I didn't. So I ended up reaching home at about 11pm, when I'm supposed to be sleeping already, as we had to be at the bridal studio at 6.30am the next day!) FYI, after doing your pedi-mani, pls DO NOT do anything that requires your hands...and feet.

2) if possible, leave your hair long. OK, I have to admit this. I was so frustrated with my shoulder length hair, I had it cut a week before the shoot. Smart right? But nevermind, they can use wigs right? Yes...correct. But...what happens is, when they use wigs on you, your hair will be clipped, tied, twisted, and what not, and will be sprayed with all types of hair spray you can think of. and....just so your hair 'blends' with the wigs, it will be sprayed with colour too! And what frustrated me was, the stylist didnt tell me that i'd be charged for that colour! Geram, rite? Anw,...I didn't wanna cause any chaos (cuz I think she did a great job with my face haha) so I just let it go....

3) make sure your other half has enough of shirts that go along with your gowns. I totally forgot about this, but luckily my bf smart. he brought a few extras. the only problem we had was when he didnt have any shirts to match with my purple gown. haha anw, the bridal studio had some reli good options to put on too...so, we were considered quite lucky lah.

4) shoes. well, if you're like me, loathe heels and rarely buy them, fret not. If you're not really particular about the need to have a variety of 'looks of shoes' in your photos, then just buy one pair of heels. I bought one, and that was it. The make up artist was kinda shocked too lah. She was like 'Urm...you have only one pair of heels?' I just said, 'yeah'. I so wanted to ask her, 'why? u got a problem with that?' Come on lah, why should I waste money on another pair of shoes which I won't be using much of? Not practical! If you agree with me, u just need to buy one. To be safe, buy a white one. I bought a grey one, cuz I loved the grey one! :P (Urm...I'll put up the pic lah if i can. I hate to make this blog like a bimbo blog lah :P)

5) poses. This is specially for those who don't really like being infront of the camera. I'm one of them. when the photographer asked me to pose (solo) infront of the cam, I didn't know what to do! Ok lah, I didnt heed my designer's advise to look through some mags before going for the shoot. Was too lazy! So yep, you should, if you don't wanna look and feel awkward :P

6) pray.. pray for good weather. This is my rationale. Agree with me on this: weather is getting more and more unpredictable these days, right? good. I mean, with global warming happening and all. So, I let you decide - btwn very hot, sunny day or a nice, cool, but with a slight drizzle kinda day. me? I chose the latter. Reason? simple. if it's hot and sunny, my darn make up will MELT! and I hate hot weather! If it's nice and cool, photos can still turn out nice. and my make up won't melt! and your bf won't keep perspiring too when he's asked to do 'stunts' like jumping and giving you a piggy back :P but if the weather is perfect, congratulations to you lor :P

7) eat well. yes. have a good, really good breakfast. cuz you won't even have time to eat the entire day.

8) don't have too high expectations. Don't keep thinking about how it will turn out like etc. Just relax, and go with the flow. Cuz these people are professionals. they know wht they're doing (make sure you sign up with a reputable one lah, that is :P) The crew we had was great. My bf and I weren't forced into doing uncomfortable poses. We did have fun, despite the heavy make up on me! :P Oh and the hours sitting on d chair getting myself made up...and the number of times I had to change my gown....you see, i'm not the 'princess-y' type. So, I never really liked all the preparation part. I did get kinda restless. If you're like me too, sad to say, i've got no solutions for this, because it's impossible for you to read during these hours too. The only way you can keep yourself occupied is maybe...create conversations with your stylist. Mine went on to talking about her and her boyfried :P

9) sleep well. this you MUST! I was so pissed tired, i slept in the car on our way to our location shoot.

10) relax & have fun. this is done once in a life time. most importantly, have fun! rain or shine, just, GO WITH THE FLOW :) I took our pics even when it was drizzling...and we had to walk quite a distance to go from one location to another....and i was in my heels **sob sob** (thank goodness the heels weren't that high! if you don't want this to happen, bring a pair of sandals (thx sis, for reminding me AFTER the shoot haha). I brought mine, but left it at the studio :P)

oh yea....the only thing i hated about the shoot was....THE PHOTOGRAPHER ASKED ME TO DO THE 'POINTING' POSE!!! u knw...the 'oh can you just point somewhere and look there and smile?' argggh! i was hoping for it not to happen!!! :( while i was doing it my bf was saying 'eh, i tot u wanna go scold that fella? i tot u dun wanna do this pose? then i went, 'ya lah ya lah, just go with the flow lah! its drizzling!!!)

Guess...that's about it. So if you're next, be prepared...and have fun! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...