Life isn't fair...

Of recent, I picked up Richard Carlson's "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all Small Stuff" from my bookshelf and one of the topics he wrote in this book, caught my attention, "Surrender to the fact that Life Isn't Fair".

Quoting directly from one of the passages,

"One of the mistakes many of us make is that we feel sorry for ourselves, or for others, thinking that life should be fair, or that someday it will be. It's not and it won't."

How many of you have felt that you have been unfairly treated before? Me? A thousand times and more. I am a pro at that haha =P I'd always be the one saying, 'Shit, why they treat that ang moh better than us! Just coz they ang moh lah isit. Call that waiter here. I wanna tell him something.' or 'Why am I stuck in this stupid job?!' or 'Blardy hell. Just coz he knows how to polish the boss' shoes, the boss treats him better, while I work like a dog here, the boss never knew I existed.'

Familiar?

My husband gets an earful of that from me everyday. I mean, about how life is always so unfair (not the boss part. that part was fiction haha :P)

Life isn't fair. Never fair. Just look at how Malaysia is. Read the news. Eavesdrop what other people are saying about our current affairs. Sometimes you wish you were deaf! We could be happier that way. But then, deaf people would wish they could hear, so that they could feel part of the normal society.

Well, life isn't fair. If life is fair, it's not life. It's paradise.

It's so cool that life isn't fair. Coz at least you get to complain, bitch and gossip about it. Life's boring without the bitching and the gossipping part. Admit it, you know you can't live without it, no matter how saintly you are! :P

So, the next time when you think life's a hell hole coz it isn't treating you fair, call up a friend, invite him or her go yumcha, pour all your sad stories to them, then catch up with their stories too! heh If you don't feel like meeting anyone, MSN works fine too :P You see, you can't help the fact that life IS meant to be unfair. So embrace it, try make it slightly better, meanwhile share it with a fren ;)

But if you think your story's not meant to be shared, and you don't wanna blog about it, and you wanna keep it to yourself....here's something for you.

'STOP WALLOWING AND ABSORBING SELF-PITY. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM. BECOZ, GET TIS STRAIGHT. YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE THINKING LIFE IS UNFAIR. EVERYONE FEELS D SAME WAY. IT'S JUST THAT, THE REST OF US BOTHER TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. And since God has given you this life, why not live to the full till He decides to take it back??'

Sorry if I sounded blunt, but some of us need that kind of urmm...'motivation'(?) once in awhile, to shake us up!

Till then, adios. I need to go make up for lost time. While I lost some valuable time last week due to an uncalled-for situation, my other friends lost theirs to retail therapy in Bangkok. Well, ISN'T LIFE FAIR??! *$&#(*$&(!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...