Pictures Speak A Thousand Words...

I HATE BEING PHOTOGRAPHED. (Not sure if it's the same when I was younger. But this is one of the many pics you see me actually SMILING :P)

But ask anyone now, they can vouch for that statement. My ex boss, had had to ask me a million times before I agreed to have a picture of me taken for the magazine's Editor's Note. Look into any of my recent family albums, and you'd most probably find me behind the camera. (Yes, I'm usually the one taking the pics.) So, to be honest, I never really looked forward to my photo session for my wedding album haha =P

Anyways, that aside. Today, I'm a changed person. Just awhile ago, I asked my dear friends to come a day early before my wedding so that I could have more personal pictures taken with them before the actual day. So, what changed me?

Just today, I was working on an article, which required me to attach some pictures with it. So I had to leaf through some of the pics I've taken recently...somehow, it led me to my storeroom, where all our family's old photo albums were kept. I brought them all out to the hall and together we my parents, we walked down memory lane :)

I felt so thankful for my dad, my uncles, and cousins who took many pics of our childhood. They helped evoke beautiful memories of us when we were younger - the parties we had had, the places we went to, the people we met along the way, the new friends we made...and how ridiculous I looked in pigtails, ponytails, mismatched clothes, and striped knee length socks *faint*!

There were also some pictures of me with my childhood friends whom I've regrettably, lost touch with :( But thanks to Facebook, I've found some of them back! haha

Anyway, when I reached adulthood, I started to hate being photographed, because I thought I looked hideous in pictures, with my protruding ears, shapeless cheekbones and all the other un-photogenic features haha :P (Ya lah abit vain in that sense :P) So I came up with a good reason: 'I love being the cameraperson instead. So let me have the honour.' (Moreover, most of the people I know love being photographed. read: camwhores :P so they welcome such generous gestures)

So, when I was looking for some recent pictures of me in my picture folders...I realised, there weren't many. I didn't think any with Adryan when he was here, nor with my grandma whose birthday just passed, nor with my ageing Queenie, not even with my dad during his birthday, and many more.... :(

Not having these pictures taken made me realise the importance of capturing the kodak moment, no matter when or where you are. These are the things you can't buy back even if you're one the of richest person on earth.

Thankfully, my husband loves taking pictures. He makes sure he brings along his camera whenever we're out on special occasions. And luckily though, I'm in some of those pics haha =P

The point I'm trying to make is, whenever you can, use your blardy camera and SNAP AWAY. Pictures kept in an album or an e-album for that matter, is like a treasure trove, that stores both tangible and intangible memories.

So to all my friends and family, the next time you see me, please, please don't freak out if I were to ask you to take a pic with me for no apparent reason haha This time, I make sure I'm in the picture too. It makes a whole lotta difference. I know it too well now!

shiet which reminds me, I've gotta go charge my camera soon....!

(Oh in case you were wondering who those pretty little ladies are....the one with a huge pimple on the chin is yours truly, the other one's my sis :P)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...