Happy Birthday, Malala!


HAPPY 21st, MALALA!
You're only 21, yet your achievements and accolades can fill a whole phone book!
Thank you so much for all that you do especially education for women and young children.
What you did and are still doing is an inspiration for us all.
Thank you for your bravery, your courage, your intelligence and your will to pursue your beliefs and dreams.
Thank you for showing us that "One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world."
You let your actions speak louder than words. 

The books in the picture:
Most of us would or might have already own a copy of 'I Am Malala'. So, I'm just going to briefly summarize the book behind it, "Malala's Magic Pencil". It is Malala's first picture book and is targeted towards young readers. It is basically a much simpler version of her life in Pakistan and what inspired her to do what she does today and to be who she is today. 

It is about how she wished for a magic pencil that she'd use it to "'put a lock on my door, so my brothers couldn't bother me', 'stop time, so I could sleep an extra hour every morning', 'erase the smell of the trash dump near our house'", and draw "'a better world, a peaceful world."; and what she felt when she started writing and using her voice. 

What I enjoyed:
I absolutely loved the simplicity of the language used and the captivating illustration. My LO is still too young for the book, but even she was drawn to the illustration, although all she did was pointed to the pictures and asked, "What's this?" :)

Have a great, memorable birthday, Malala!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...