BookXcess is Spring Cleaning

I was half expecting a long queue outside BookXcess, Amcorp Mall in PJ. Thank goodness I was wrong. If you're planning to check out their Spring Cleaning sales (26th Feb - 10th Mar 2010), go during their off-peak hours - Lunch hour 12-ish till abt 3pm.

Yeah, I was there for about 2 hours or so. I had, at first, 4 books in my hand, only RM9.90 each! Yep. But the kiasu me wanted to stretch my ringgit to the max so I had my husband google all the titles to check out if they were worth my ringgit (Cuz you'll never know if they are going to have an 'Opening' / 'New Location' Sales haha In the end, I picked 1 out of that 4 :P The book I decided worth my RM9.90 was 'Dream Angus: The Celtic God of Dreams by Alexander McCall Smith. Overall reviews on Amazon.com were 4-4.5/5.

The other books I decided to forgo were Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake (don't ask me why), John Burdett's Bangkok Tattoo and Robert Harris's The Ghost.

Before leaving the shop with just one book in my hand, one of Sherlock Holmes's titles caught my attention. So I bought that too. (This one was not on sale though)

Overall, the choices of books on sale were okay, although not as good as Big Bad Wolf's and Pearson's. Let's look forward to more!

Image from: kosmo.com.my

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...