an Hour to Live an Hour to Love by Richard & Kristine Carlson

An easy read that teaches you about love, life and appreciation. What I enjoyed reading most is Carlson's favourite poem by Norma Cornett Marek, Tomorrow Never Comes:

The beginning is my favourite:

"If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly, and pray the Lord your soul to keep.
If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss, and call you back for just one more.

If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would tape each word and action, and play them back throughout my days.
If I knew it would be the last time, I would spare an extra minute or two,
To stop and say "I love you," instead of assuming you know I do.

So just in case tomorrow never comes, and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you, and I hope we never will forget.
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight."

Thanks dear, for appreciating us everyday. I love you :) Mmmuax!

P/S It's a nice little gift for family and friends, as long as it's RM5 or below :P Anything more than that, a big no no. If you wanna read it, just borrow it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...