Happy (Belated) Roald Dahl Day!

Ok...So I'm abit out-dated :P Roald Dahl Day was on the 13th of September (Go to his website! You'll have fun browsing ;))

Anyway...I didn't know 13th of Sept is Roald Dahl day till later, when I read about it in the papers :P No wonder there was a huuuuuge selection of Roald Dahl's books when I was at The Borders!

Being the kiasu me, I bought one of his books which I found somewhere near the entrance, away from the other of his famous works like the BFG, Mathilda, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (Oh yeah, if you're a big fan of his, and would love to keep some of these creative, fun covers, get them at The Borders, coz they're offering 20% discount, with the coupon from The Star. Offer's valid till the 28th Sept!)

As you can see from the picture, I bought the Penguin Student Edition: Roald Dahl Ten Short Stories (Click picture to enlarge). I'm enjoying all of his short stories so far. My favourites: The Hitchhiker, My Lady My Dove, and The Umbrella Man. All of them were written with a wicked sense of humour, and not forgetting his signature startling twists at the end! If you happen to see this book in any of the bookstores, have a quick read on The Hitchhiker and you'll know what I mean ;)

Okay, I'm off. Till then, if you need some sort of quick entertainment that won't require you to switch on the tv or leave home, grab a Dahl! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny Bookertisement by Lydia Teh

What happened to the book reviews??

World Book Day: When, Why and Wow...